Anxious daughter

The Unforgiven

Community Tinkerer
Staff member
My daughter is very anxious about daily things. She won't leave the house, she won't try new things, eat new foods, etc. I am very worried about her.

I can see my childhood unfolding in her and I don't want that for her, I want her to be happy and carefree - in stead she has turned in to me.

Aww, that's so awful, and I understand your fears of her reliving your childhood issues. Hopefully she can find a counselor who works for her and helps her get through this to the point of gaining some confidence in herself and her actions. I know it's not that easy, it never is, but every step forward helps. Hoping the best for her!!

She is sobbing in her bedroom at the moment holding a sick bowl and wailing like a banshee. We are at our wits end.

We ended up in accident and emergency last night because I thought she might have a genuine stomach issue that needed resolving.

Oh, Lee. I'm so sorry. Has she said what the underlying cause is? Is it JUST anxiety, or is someone making her feel this way?

Things seem to of improved massively over the last few weeks, but it has been the school holidays. We will see when school resumes next week.

Things seem to of improved massively over the last few weeks, but it has been the school holidays. We will see when school resumes next week.
Oh, good!! I'm so glad she's been better. Hopefully a new school year will mean new school goals and better results for her ❤️

Back